It is evident that water-based exercise can confer several specific advantages, as compared to land-based exercise. For this reason, water-based exercise prescription should be a key consideration for all health care clinicians, providers and commissioners (page 18) Dr. Moffatt addresses e.g. cardiometabolic health and neurology.
– life-style and low grade inflammation: cytokines
– The immuno-metabolic system
– Vascular endothelial health:
– Aerobic training: what is good for a heart is good for a brain
– Hypothalamus and environmental enrichment
– Aquatic exergaming / motor-cognitive therapy
– Executive functions and fall prevention